- Art Guidelines
Resident Software (Preferred Software)
Illustrator CC, Photoshop CC
Accepted File Formats
Vector based: .ai, .eps, .pdf (editable)
• Convert all fonts to outlines & include linked images.
Raster based: .psd, .tiff
- Do not flatten/merge layers.
- Raster images should be trimmed/cropped to edge of the bleed and exported or saved at 300 ppi (pixels per inch) at 100% size being used for optimum results.
- Other raster formats (.jpg, .gif, .bmp) can be accepted, but may incur a small set-up fee.
- Low resolution files may need to be redrawn.
- Vector art is required for color adjustment and matching.
- Please include a .pdf or .jpg of your art for viewing.
- E-mail graphic files to email@example.com (10 MB limit)
- For files larger than 10MB, go to our art upload page. • Ship CD or hard copy image (image cannot be creased or folded) 512 Newsome Road, King, NC 27021
Before Sending Art (be sure to:)
- Complete all edits & changes
- All graphic elements appear how & where they should be printed.
- Send only correct, print quality files (no art that should not be printed).
- Set up art with correct colors & color mode
- CMYK and/or Pantone Solid Coated (recommended). Vector art is required for color adjustment and matching
- Tip: For bolder results, we recommend using a rich black (C: 25%, M: 25%, Y 25%, K: 100%).
Important: Blue colors with high percentages of magenta may print with a purple tint. Please supply a Pantone color to target.
- Save all files at actual size
- Submit vector or hi-resolution art at 100% of the desired size.
- Prepare an obvious & editable vector cut line
- Your cut line should show exactly how you would like your art to be cut, it should be visible & clearly not part of the design.
- Tip: We recommend placing the cut line on a separate layer.
- To ensure your final product is not damaged during production, we may need to slightly alter the cut line. A proof will be provided.
- Set up bleed & safe margins
- Bleed is the printing that goes beyond the edge or cut line of a product & allows the image/product to be cut to size.
- A minimum of 1/16” (0.0625“) bleed & margin is required.
- Some products may require more than 1/16” bleed & margin. Your service rep can supply product-specific requirements.
- Convert all text to outlines
- Converting text to outlines ensures there will be no missing fonts. Once converted to outlines, text is unable to be edited.
- Include or embed all linked images
- Files missing linked images may be unprintable.